Uganda is home to over 2 million orphaned children, with over a million losing their parents due to HIV. The vast majority of Ugandans live in rural areas and earn their living from subsistence agriculture, with half the population living on less than $1 a day. The country’s health indicators are among the lowest in Africa, with almost 7% of children passing away before their fifth birthday.
LWB has made a commitment to the children in Karukoba village, near the border of Rwanda, by implementing the following initiatives:
- Building a Believe in Me school so all the children in this impoverished village can have access to education
- Implementing both a breakfast and lunch school nutrition program to combat malnutrition
- Creating a sustainable nutrition program with cows, chickens, pigs, and beehives
- Improving access to water, the most basic of human needs
Your partnership will help make a real difference in the lives of these beautiful children and their families. Sponsorship opportunities can be found at our program sponsorship pages.
- Sponsor a Student
- Give to Help Build Believe in Me Kabale School
- Support Uganda Sustainable Nutrition Project
Read our blog series about our first visit to Uganda in 2016: