ASICS LA Marathon-Full Marathon
Join us for the 2014 ASICS LA Marathon. Once a year you can experience traffic free streets in normally congested Los Angeles as roads are blocked off for runners and walkers during the ASICS LA Marathon. The annual ASICS LA Marathon events include the 26.2 mile Marathon past some of LA's most famous landmarks and through diverse neighborhoods with festivities all along the course. Block Parties with live performances are spaced along the route to entertain fans while they're waiting for runners to pass. A spectacular finish at the Santa Monica pier is the ultimate finish line!
This year, you can also participate in the 2 person relay team! It’s the only way to be on the course for just 13.1 miles – you and a partner relay the course! Register here to run with TeamLWB in a two-person relay team instead of the full marathon.
This Event Supports:
The funds raised in the ASICS LA Marathon will go directly to support orphaned children in China in LWB's Medical Program. Healing children with medical needs is one of the core foundations of Love Without Boundaries. Through our Medical Program, we provide funding for many types of surgeries and medical care, including heart surgeries, cleft lip and palate repair, and colorectal repairs. We also fund preemie care and club foot-casting treatment. To date we have treated over 1700 children in 23 provinces. We continue to follow-up on children for at least one full year after treatment and advocate for their placement into permanent, loving families.
Please join us for this life changing event and make a difference in a child's life at the same time! No experience necessary – even if you’ve never run a step, you can be ready to run for something!
• Guaranteed entry into the 2014 ASICS LA Marathon
• Team LWB Technical Race shirt
• Access to pre-race hospitality suite at Dodger stadium, complete with light breakfast & beverages, and private restroom facilities
• Transportation of personal items to post race hospitality
• Post-race hospitality for you and your team supporters
• Fundraising tools to endure you are successful in meeting your fundraising goal
• A personal fund raising web page to share your story and your reasons for running, to make it easy for people to donate and to track your fund raising progress
• E-mail and training updates from Team LWB
• You will be matched with a child in LWB's medical program who will become your inspiration for training and completing the marathon. You may choose to receive updates on this child for the year following the race.
• The personal satisfaction of completing a marathon and making a tangible difference in the life of a child.
• Runners raising at least $1,250 will receive reimbursement for their registration fee.
Team Members: Login HereCoordinator:
- Karen Yingling (website) Fundraising Goal: $3,000.00 Sponsor Karen Yingling
- Kelly Hertzig (website) Fundraising Goal: $1,000.00 Sponsor Kelly Hertzig
- Jennifer Hall (website) Fundraising Goal: $1,000.00 Sponsor Jennifer Hall
- Sarah King (website) Fundraising Goal: $500.00 Sponsor Sarah King
- Edie Chambers (website) Fundraising Goal: $1,500.00 Sponsor Edie Chambers
- Amy Verity (website) Fundraising Goal: $0.00 Sponsor Amy Verity
- Allison Dodson (website) Fundraising Goal: $1,250.00 Sponsor Allison Dodson
We have the following methods of accepting sponsorship:
Check payable to Love Without Boundaries.
Love Without Boundaries
P.O. Box 25016
Oklahoma City, OK 73125-0016
Payment NotesMake sure to annotate ASICS LA Marathon-Full Marathon and the name of the person you are sponsoring in the remarks section.
- Online by clicking on the sponsor link next to each participant's name (team events only)
Terms and Conditions:
Team members must be committed to raising a minimum of $500 in donations towards LWB's Medical Program.